About UpshotBack to top
Upshot is a cost effective online application designed to help you manage, monitor and evidence your community projects.
It is more than a monitoring and evaluation tool. It helps you manage all your community activity and links it to strategies and outcomes. It is very easy to set up and monitor progress towards your targets.
It is designed for both delivery and funding organisations.
• It makes managing your community projects easier.
• It helps you to monitor the progress of your community projects.
• It helps you to evidence the effect your community project has had.
FAQsBack to top
What benefits will Upshot give me?
Among other things, Upshot will allow you to:
- Use a dashboard to show progress towards targets
- Reveal the real stories behind statistics by using photos, videos, documents and audio files
- Quickly identify high performing areas that need to be celebrated
- Address underperforming areas while there's still time to effect change
- Define the outcomes and activities of a project and show how they link together and how they link with organisational strategies
- Identify data gaps immediately, rather than just before a deadline
- Analyse data on who's participating in projects, how often and what has happened as a result
- Aggregate data across projects to show progress towards your broader organisational goals
What are the best bits?
We believe that there is nothing like Upshot on the market.
Sure, there are 1,001 monitoring and evaluating tools out there but Upshot is different because it is not an M&E tool. It is designed to be something that organisations WANT to use because it helps them manage projects, define outcomes, link those outcomes to strategies and targets and, almost incidentally, provide them and their funders with everything they need to know for M&E purposes.
We think three of the best bits are:
- the system's ability to link all activity to strategies and outcomes;
- the fact that it's very easy to set and monitor progress towards targets; and
- the system's ability to take many management tasks away from managers through a series of dashboards and alerts.
Can you transfer my existing data?
However, to what extent depends on what type of data we are talking about and how that data is stored.
We have built Upshot to be as flexible as possible but some things are more complicated than others.
You can use our 'bulk upload' feature to import details about individuals easily. For example, if you run programmes engaging with young people, we can ensure that all details about those young people (providing data protection allows) are ready on Upshot when you start using the system.
If you have more detailed requirements, it probably best to get in touch. Everything is possible!
How much is it?
How much Upshot costs, depends on whether you are a funding or funded organisation but it won't exceed three figures.
Whatever the cost, you get a year's licence to cover all your work and as many users as you want.
Do contact us if you would like a more precise answer.
What support do I get?
A fundamental principle that underpinned our design of Upshot was that it had to be easy to use.
That said, we understand that people often want some help and have lots of questions at the beginning, so we are always here to help.
For example, we will help you configure the system so that it contains all the activities and intended outcomes of your work and that you completely understand how to set targets and monitor progress towards them.
If you are a funder, we will make sure you are able to configure the system to allow you to automatically monitor the work of the organisations that you fund, without you having to bother them.
If you ever need any help, just call our helpline.
Who owns Upshot?
Upshot is owned by the Football Foundation, Britain's biggest sport charity. We built it to help the vast number of organisations that we fund every year.
However, we have built the system with an extremely high degree of flexibility, so that it can be used by a wide range of organisations outside the world of football and, indeed, outside the world of sport.
It can even be branded to look like a part of your organisation - we are not at all precious about self-promotion and branding - we just want to make everyone's life easier.
ContactBack to top
For more information about Upshot fill out this form …