This year’s Upshot User Satisfaction Survey was sent out on the 1st September 2018 and we received 323 anonymous responses. A big thank-you goes out to everyone who took the time out to answer the questions, your contribution is extremely valuable and will allow us to constantly improve and develop our service.
The Survey allows us to collect and analyse Upshot’s functionality and our team’s service from anyone who uses Upshot, whether that be funding agreements or own purchases. This allows us to understand how different users view the product and services. We are then able to analyse the positive and negative feedback in detail, allowing us to make informed decisions on how we can improve our offering and change (or continue!) aspects of Upshot and our service.
A short break-down of the results can be seen below:
- 85% of respondents rated our customer service as positive or very positive.
- 81% of respondents either agree or strongly agree that Upshot helps them in their role.
- 77% of respondents either agree or strongly agree that Upshot is ‘user-’friendly’.
- 73% of respondents find it easier to show the impact of their work with Upshot.
- 73% of respondents either agree or strongly agree that Upshot has made monitoring and evaluation easier for their organisation.
- 70% of respondents would recommend Upshot to other organisations.
- 34% of respondents use Upshot as part of a funding agreement, 25% purchased Upshot for their own organisation, 6% have used Upshot as part of a funding agreement and for other projects. The remaining were unsure.
- A majority of responses were from UK-based users (88%) the remaining respondents were from mainly Africa (6%) and North America (4%).
Carrying on the theme from The F Word event we hosted, alongside The Sports Think Tank in October, around being open and honest around failure, we are going to share some solutions that we would like to implement in 2019 in response to issues that were raised. Firstly, we would like to start hosting regular webinars around reporting and what people can do with their Upshot data as Reporting was a common issue on the system. This will prove to be our biggest challenge but allowing organisations to realise their full potential and what they can do with their data is a crucial part of our business.
Secondly, we are looking at changing the way Upshot training's are delivered both in person and online. We are still exploring this and hope to have a few changes made over the coming months. We will aim to make training more relevant to different individuals (who have different roles) and ensure when the training is finished materials are shared promptly to ensure a smooth transition into the system.
Thirdly, we have seen that the guides are not used that are heavily on the system. We want to explore a) why this is and b) if we were to improve the guides, would that make a difference?
You can view the full survey results here.